Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Primeira Entrada

Why blog?
I have no idea. It sounded like a good idea at the time.  Oh, how many tales start out with that line! Maybe we'll read a few of them here.  

Do I think anyone will read my blog? 
Sure, I'm sure all of my friends will read my very first one!

What do I want to do with this blog? 
I want it can be a place to share stories, both mine and yours, memories, rant and rave, make observations, pose questions, maybe answer a few, throw in some randomness, bitch about society, politics, "the man" (who is "the man"? Does anyone even talk about "the man" anymore?), learn more about the world we live in, maye even entertain a bit. 

Where did I get the name 'A Selva Escrita' (The Written Jungle) from? 
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love the jungle - the real jungle, not the concrete one.  I feel everyday we're in a jungle, a jungle of traffic, cell phones, deadlines, noise - it all makes me crazy.  Give me a tropical jungle any day.   That, along with the fact that the jungle is a mix of many different elements just seemed like a perfect idea both fitting who I am and the blog. I chose to write the title in Portuguese because it really does just sound cooler to say.  Say it now, even if you don't speak Portuguese: A selva escrita.  The written jungle.  A selva escrita.  There you go, now you're in my world.  No really, I own you. 

Questions? Comments?
Absolutely!! Let's keep this interactive and interesting! Also, it let's me know if someone is actually reading this!

How about a "guest blog"?
I think that would be fun- especially if I'm in your blog or your blog relates to a topic of interest to me, my friends, or "the man".

So that's it for the first entry.  Do I have to come up with a snazzy title for every entry after this one - sheeeesh.  Well, if I hit a mental block, I'll just change it to Portuguese! 


No comments: