Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Sprummer of Music continues.....



I started, to myself, calling this the summer of music. Then realized it started in the spring. Now I've dubbed it the Sprummer of Music. I've enjoyed some new acts, been thrilled with some known, and amazed by some not known for their musical abilities. One new discovery (for me) is Spencer Day. He put on an outstanding performance at the Rrazz Room in San Francisco - my new favorite place by the way. Not only was his singing fantastic, but his association with audience was great as well. I felt like I was sitting with on old friend, enjoying a cocktail, or two, while he performed. After the show he did a meet and greet, and signed cd's, which is always a nice touch.

My second discovery is Darren Romeo, aka, The Voice of Magic. Darren has performed on Broadway and has a singing background, but he's also a musician. Currently presented by Sigfriend and Roy, Darren put on a very unique show combining his two loves: music and magic. What the audience gets is a spectacular magic show and a concert - rolled into one. Darren sang standards, like Bobby Darin's 'Dream Lover' and some original music as well. After the show, Romeo did a meet and great as well, and was so cute when he was apologizing to me because the show was scaled down from his Vegas act to fit the Post Theatre venue. Guess I'll have to see him in Vegas someday.

My final word - check 'em out! You're in for a real treat with either one of these gentleman.

No comments: